You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 18, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Blogger turned fashion designer Sincerely Jules is having a sample sale from May 18-20 hosted by Eclipse.
2. [11 a.m.] High School Choir Festival at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] WhedonCon 2018, taking place May 18-20 at Warner Center in Woodland Hills is a Joss Whedon-inspired convention that includes Fan Friday, Supernatural Saturday and Super Sunday.
4. [4 p.m.] Brennan’s will host a Friday PieDay Pizza Party Power Hour on the patio from 4 to 7 p.m. with free pepperoni or cheese pizza and live music.
5. [5 p.m.] Monrovia Days 2018 takes place May 18-20. The community fair will feature games, rides, food, vendors, a parade, live entertainment, and more to celebrate the city’s birthday. FREE
6. [5 p.m.] LA Times Food Bowl Night Market (May 16-20) features dozens of restaurants and food trucks selling food for purchase, plus an assortment of DJ’d music and entertainment, taking place in Downtown Los Angeles’ Grand Park.
7. [6 p.m.] Visit the Skirball Center for Uncorked Wine Festival, an evening of wine, food and live music happening May 18-20. Sample 50+ wines from family-owned and operated wineries from top wine regions from around the world. Ticket also comes with gourmet hors d’oeuvres and appetizers. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7:30 p.m.] A free Night of Electronic Music at Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles featuring Rival Consoles, underground mainstay John Tejada (Kompakt) and Tottie (Dublab) in collaboration with Decibel Festival. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] The National Ballet of Ukraine presents Sleeping Beauty at The Orpheum.
10. [11 p.m,] Urban Death: Spring, a haunted theater attraction, is currently in session at Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group in North Hollywood. Urban Death have terrorized audiences in L.A. for over a decade. Expect a completely new experience of inexplicable horrors and unfathomable monstrosities for this spring edition.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $15 tix to the Beyond the Streets graffiti art exhibition (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.