You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Paul Smith sample sale from April 30 to May 5 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] PHOTOVILLE LA happening at Annenberg Space for Photography May 2-5 is a photographic festival experience featuring exhibitions of local and international photographers workshops and more.FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Hollywood Night Market at Yamashiro.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Head to Downtown San Pedro for First Thursday Art Walk featuring street vendors, food trucks and after hours at art galleries in the Artist District.
5. [8 p.m.] Cirque du Soleil’s AMALUNA heads to the L.A. Waterfront in San Pedro for a magical evening that takes the audience through a journey loosely based on Shakespeare’s The Tempest. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [9 p.m.] Every first and third Thursday of the month Brennan’s in Marina Del Rey hosts their famous turtle races. Since 1974, this tradition brings these little speedsters out of their sanctuary (located in the bar) for an exciting game that support charities. Race starts at 9 p.m.
7. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
8. [various] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
9. [various] The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival dedicated to showcasing films by and about Asians and Pacific Islanders, returns May 2-10 with a variety of screenings and activities.
10. [various] The Southeast European Film Festival a.k.a. SEEfest will showcase filmmakers and films from south east Europe and Eurasia from May 1-8. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
GIVEAWAY NOTICE: We’re giving away two tickets to an upcoming performance of Tom Gun LIVE at Catch One, Los Angeles. Entry is as easy as a comment on THIS Instagram post. Check it out!
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $22.50 tix to the Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar