You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Museum of Selfies opens on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. The curators of the Glendale museum have also collected an array of Instagram-inspired art as well as an Iron Throne made of selfie sticks for guests to enjoy.
2. [2 p.m.] There’s a Recycled Fashion Remix Workshop at The California African American Museum (CAAM) led by students and faculty from Otis College of Art and Design Fashion. FREE
3. [3 p.m.] POM Wonderful Antioxidant Super Tea is hosting the first-ever sloth barre class with beloved Lola the Sloth who will be “posing” for photos and meeting and greeting fans at Belle Barre in West Hollywood. Get a free work out, meet Lola and enjoy refreshing teas. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] The 2nd Annual Memorial Lawn Party on The Bloc in DTLA will have lawn favorites like cornhole, bocce ball, life-size checkers, jenga, live entertainment and a cash bar. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] The 7th Annual Taste of Boyle Heights, an annual community fundraiser, features live music and cuisine from local East L.A. establishments, vendors and more.
6. [6 p.m.] Join Mulholland Distilling at Manuela in the Downtown Arts District for “Where Mulholland Meets Manuela”, an L.A. Times Food Bowl event where a variety of Mulholland cocktails, and Manuela small bites, will be served at the outside bar.
7. [7 p.m.] Learn the history of the juniper-heavy liquor during a gin cocktail and food pairing dinner at Alcove in Los Feliz.
8. [7:30 p.m.] See and hear a new live score accompanying George Romero’s cult classic Night of the Living Dead at LACMA’s Bing Theater. This screening coincides with the 50th anniversary of the seminal zombie flick.
9. [9 p.m.] The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra heads offsite for an intimate performance at Angel City Brewery.
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $18.50 tix to KING TUT: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh at California Science Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.