Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend, from Friday, May 25 to Monday, May 28, features Lebowski Fest, Topanga Days, Fiesta Hermosa, Eat Drink Vegan, L.A. Zine Fest, Memorial Day events and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday May 25th, 2018
1. Lebowski Fest celebrates the iconic Coen Brothers movie with live performances, special guests, themed parties, a screening of the film and more. There will be a movie screening at The Wiltern on May 25 plus a bowling part at Fountain Bowl on May 26 this weekend.
2. Barnsdall Fridays returns to Barnsdall Art Park for the tenth year in a row with evening tastings of boutique wines and music from KCRW DJs perched atop a hill with incredible city views. Opening night will be held in conjunction with LA Times Food Bowl featuring a Q&A with food critic Jonathan Gold and James Beard winner, Chef Daniel Humm. The NoMad Truck will be on-site for the event.
3. This weekend the 60th annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back from May 25 through 28 featuring strawberry-themed contests, parade and games. Free admission.
4. The Queen Mary will offer free admission to all U.S. active and retired military personnel during Memorial weekend.
5. Brennan’s will host a Friday PieDay Pizza Party Power Hour on the patio from 4 to 7 p.m. with free pepperoni or cheese pizza and live music.
6. Urban Death: Spring, a haunted theater attraction, is currently in session at Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group in North Hollywood. Urban Death have terrorized audiences in L.A. for over a decade. Expect a completely new experience of inexplicable horrors and unfathomable monstrosities for this spring edition.
7. Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftops of The Montalban in Hollywood and LEVEL in DTLA with multiple screenings this week that include Blade Runner, The Godfather, Blade Runner 2049 and more.
9. Street artist Teachr will highlight art work from 16 Fairfax High School students he has mentored this Friday at Flux Rebellion. The event provides the students with experience of the business of art while allowing them to sell their pieces and keeping 100% of the profit. Guests will also enjoy music from JP Cali Smoov, and video demonstrations of Teachr ‘teaching’ his famous stencil method. First 100 guests will receive a gift from Teachr. FREE
10. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast live-to-film in concert will feature a star studded cast including Zoey Deschanel, Rebel Wilson and more at the Hollywood Bowl Friday and Saturday.
12. The Museum of Failure in Hollywood and Highland includes epic failures like Juicero, Facebook Gifts, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Happening all week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Obsessed with Janie Stolar is a pop culture variety show that covers everything from Vanderpump Rules to The Bachelorette happening at The Ruby LA a feminist and inclusive comedy theater and school located in Hollywood.
14. Online upscale consignment company Luxury Garage Sale (LSG) will pop-up IRL for a 30-day run in Los Angeles. The first location will launch Tuesday, May 15 at the Westfield Century City Mall, and a second will open Friday, June 1 at Westfield Topanga & The Village.
15. Visit the Pasadena Showcase House of Design, a majestic Mediterranean masterpiece built in 1915 and designed by distinguished architect Reginald Davis Johnson, from April 22-May 20. The tours have been going strong since 1948, it’s also one of the oldest, largest and most successful house and garden tours in the country.
Saturday May 26th, 2018
16. The 45th Annual Topanga Days Country Fair from May 26-28 will feature various country fair games and competitions, live entertainment, food, and more for guests of all ages.
17. Fiesta Hermosa is back (May 26-28) the free annual event, will feature local vendors, 18 different food offerings, beer gardens, games and live music in Downtown Hermosa Beach.
18. Cinespia is back for its 17th summer season, at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for screenings of films modern, cult, and classic. This Saturday they’ll screen Almost Famous and Casablanca on Sunday.
19. Eat Drink Vegan returns to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on May 26 for unlimited pours of 250+ drinks, bites from 100+ restaurants, and plant-based goodies from more than 100 marketplace vendors.
20. Street Food Cinema returns this weekend with a screening of Girls Trip at Exposition Park and Raiders of the Lost Ark at Will Rogers State Historic Park in Pacific Palisades. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Santa Anita Park will transform into a carnival for Memorial weekend. The family friendley event will feature rides, midway games, carnival style snacks and more. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Beer Fest for Beer Geeks’ The Rarest Experience beer festival returns to Stout Burgers & Beers in Hollywood with an epic outdoor festival featuring 30 extremely rare beers collected and cellared by Stout.
23. Head to the San Fernando Valley’s 45th annual Greek Festival (May 26-28) for three days of Greek food, Greek wine, dancing, shopping, cooking demos and more. Taking place at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
24. There’s an intergalactic Space Party happening this Saturday at Parook’s Palace. Dance with fellow aliens and space travelers and enjoy artist performances, a DJ, an interstellar bar and more.
26. The Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival is set to take over Rancho Santa Susana Community Park this Memorial Day weekend (May 26-27) with music, Cajun-Creole food like jambalaya and crawfish plus dance lessons, kid friendley activities and so much more.
27. Museum of Selfies opens on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. The curators of the Glendale museum have also collected an array of Instagram-inspired art as well as an Iron Throne made of selfie sticks for guests to enjoy.
28. MiniBar will partner with Salt’s Cure for Blood Bath 2018 an epic competition for LA’s best Bloody Mary. 25 bars will compete including Redbird, Cole’s, Kali and Little Dom’s. Salt’s Cure will feed guests with griddle cakes, fish tacos and other small plates.
29. The Gold Cup Beer & Sour Festival will take place at Santa Anita Park with an assortment of craft brews and sours. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Sunday May 27th, 2018
31. The L.A. Zine Fest is back with another year of workshops, DIY and zine collaboration. Taking place at the Pasadena Convention Center.
32. MAINopoly a Monopoly themed neighborhood party with food samples and drink specials from participating restaurants will takeover Main street in Santa Monica.
32. E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of The Post. Choose to just watch the movie or purchase a three course dinner package before hand. There will be concession style snacks and cocktails for sale as well.
33. Smorgasburg LA’s Burger Day will feature seven popup burger vendors curated by George Motz the host of Travel Channel’s Burger Land and author of Hamburger America. Participating vendors include Cassell’s, Pie N’ Burger, The NoMad Truck and more.
34. Killer Shrimp presents the 7th Annual Killer Rides show this Sunday in Marina del Rey. Check out hotrods, classics, exotics and bikes for free!
Monday May 28th, 2018
36. Celebrate Memorial Day by getting down to great jazz and reggae music at the JazzReggae Festival at UCLA’s Sunset Recreation Center.
37. USS Iowa will host their annual Military Appreciation Day giving active and veteran military members free admission to the party. The Memorial day festival will feature live music, food trucks, military vehicles on display, remembrance ceremony and more.
38. The 103rd annual Forest Lawn Memorial Day event offers veterans and the public a day of observance, speakers, salutes, giveaways, ice cream, and refreshments at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills. FREE
39. To pay respect to those who lost their lives for American freedom, the 29th Canoga Park Memorial Day Parade features marching bands, patriotic floats and more.
40. See Paul Simon at the Hollywood Bowl during his farewell concert tour. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
41. Ocean Prime Beverly Hills recently launched a Stop and Sip the Rosé summer happy hour program. Available on Monday through Thursday from 4-8 p.m. guests can enjoy specially priced Rosé’s by the glass and bottle, alongside the existing happy hour menu that includes $1 oysters.
42. Scum and Villainy a Star Wars themed bar in Hollywood will hosts the Players Wanted board game meet up with 8 player Smash Brothers, Wii U Mario Kart Ultimate, Star Wars Battlefront, Starfox 64, Super Mario and more.
43. Baldoria in Little Tokyo celebrates its second anniversary on Monday with $2 Margherita Pizzas all day and night (dine-in only) and $2 shots of any spirit.
44. LACMA is free for the Memorial Day holiday!
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org