You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 26, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19 and running through June.
2. [10 a.m.] Milk & Honey will grand open in Hollywood this Friday with free wellness bowls and waffle cake from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. One item per guest.
3. [1 p.m.] This weekend the 59th annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back from May 26 through 29 featuring strawberry-themed contests, a strawberry stomp 5K run, parade and games. Come on Friday for the strawberry cake-cutting ceremony and score free strawberry shortcake!
4. [6 p.m.] Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer continues this Friday with a focus on the question “What are the rights of immigrants under the Constitution?” FREE
5. [6 p.m.] LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series continues at the BP Grand Entrance. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery is hosting two cocktail classes in Downtown LA this weekend. This Friday the theme is Prohibition Era cocktails. Saturday is a special weekend edition.
7. [7:30 p.m.] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with a FREE show on Saturday at The Virgil with over a dozen well known comedians and animators. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Last Book Review returns to The Last Bookstore in Downtown Los Angeles. Join host Ever Mainard and five comedians as they tell their own personal, funny and often awkward story on stage. The last comedian will then take the audience through a book review. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Catch the magic of La La Land during a unique concert experience featuring music played live-to-film at the Hollywood Bowl. Two days of performances start on the final Friday of May. Check for discount tickets, while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8:30 p.m.] Hollywood Burlesque Festival at The Mayflower Club. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 to see the LA Phil perform Beethoven’s Ninth at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.