You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Fiesta Hermosa happening May 25-27 is a free annual beach party featuring local vendors, food, beer gardens, games and live music right in the heart of Downtown Hermosa Beach. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] RuPaul’s DragCon Los Angeles 2019 comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center May 24 – 26 for three days of art, pop culture, and all things drag. The convention features panels, photo ops, meet and greets, shopping, and much more.
3. [10 a.m.] Killer Shrimp presents the 8th Annual Killer Rides show this Sunday in Marina del Rey. Check out awesome hotrods, classics, exotics and bikes. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The 46th annual Topanga Days Country Fair returns May 25 – 27 for its iconic, bohemian fundraiser in the Santa Monica Mountains. This family-friendly three-day festival includes musical acts on two stages, old school contests and games, local artisans, craft vendors, food and an annual Memorial Day parade.
5. [noon] The 46th Annual Valley Greek Festival comes to Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church from May 25-27 for food, dancing, and fun in true Greek fashion. Highlights include traditional Greek music, traditional food and family-friendly activities.
6. [noon] The 8th annual L.A. Zine Fest comes to Helms Bakery in Culver City with over 200 zinesters in attendance plus activities including readings, talks, workshops, and zine libraries. FREE
7. [noon] Heritage Fest at Angel City Brewery is an annual celebration of the brewery. The day includes food, live music, live mural painting, an art tour, educational tastings and tours of the brewery, a “museum of Old Angel City Stuff” and lots more. FREE
8. [1 p.m.] MAINopoly a Monopoly themed neighborhood party with food samples and drink specials from participating restaurants will takeover Main street in Santa Monica.
9. [2 p.m.] One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival is a 40 day celebration through mostly free art events and exhibits between May 22 through June 30. This Saturday and Sunday, New Stages presents “I Do,” a musical based on the life stories of, and performed by, LGBTQ seniors. FREE
10. [various] The Queen Mary will offer free admission to all U.S. active and retired military personnel during Memorial weekend May 25-27. The ship will have reenactments, demonstrations, appearances by historical figures, and lectures.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar