You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Fiesta Hermosa happening May 25-27 is a free annual beach party featuring local vendors, food, beer gardens, games and live music right in the heart of Downtown Hermosa Beach. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The 46th annual Topanga Days Country Fair returns May 25 – 27 for its iconic, bohemian fundraiser in the Santa Monica Mountains. This family-friendly three-day festival includes musical acts on two stages, old school contests and games, local artisans, craft vendors, food and an annual Memorial Day parade.
3. [10:15 a.m.] USS Iowa will host their annual Memorial Day Remembrance party featuring live music, a veteran owned business exhibit, food trucks, beer, military vehicles on display and more. FREE
5. [noon] The 46th Annual Valley Greek Festival comes to Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church from May 25-27 for food, dancing, and fun in true Greek fashion. Highlights include traditional Greek music, traditional food and family-friendly activities.
6. [noon] Celebrate Memorial Day by getting down to great jazz and reggae music at the JazzReggae Festival at UCLA’s Sunset Recreation Center.
7. [1 p.m.] Sky Bar at The Mondrian will host a Memorial Day party by the pool called Wicked Paradise featuring a DJ set by Classixx and other acts.
8. [6 p.m.] Game On Mortal Kombat Monday at the Downtown Independent.
9. [various] All Forest Lawn locations will host a Memorial Day event offering veterans and the public a day of observance and activities. Each location will have their own unique list of activities some include riffle & cannon salutes, food, giveaways, special speakers and much more. FREE
10. [various] The Queen Mary will offer free admission to all U.S. active and retired military personnel during Memorial weekend May 25-27. The ship will have reenactments, demonstrations, appearances by historical figures, and lectures.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar