You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 28, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Zine fans and creators will gather in DTLA for L.A. Zine Fest at the California Market Center for a full-day of discussions, panels and event exhibitors. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Topanga Days will take over Memorial Day weekend with live music, food, arts, and a parade at the Topanga Community Club.
3. [10 a.m.] Claimed as the “Largest Arts & Crafts Fair in Southern California,” expect over 300 artists, sculptors, photographers and hand crafters to participate at Fiesta Hermosa a three-day affair taking place May 27-29. The festival is free with plenty of fun for all ages from a charity beer and wine garden to a special kiddie carnival area. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] This weekend the 59th annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back from May 26 through 29 featuring strawberry-themed contests, a strawberry stomp 5K run, parade and games. Come on Friday for the strawberry cake-cutting ceremony and score free strawberry shortcake!
5. [11:45 a.m.] The Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival is set to take over Rancho Santa Susana Community Park this Memorial Day weekend (May 27-28) with music, Cajun-Creole food like jambalaya and crawfish plus dance lessons, kid friendly activities and so much more.
6. [noon] Head to Northridge to the Valley Greek Festival (May 27-29) for three days of Greek food, Greek wine, dancing, shopping, cooking demos and more. Taking place at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church admission is $3, children under 10 are free and folks over 65 are free as well.
7. [2 p.m.] The Lincoln will celebrate their one year anniversary throughout Memorial Day Weekend (May 27-28) with selected complimentary specialty cocktails, a BBQ, and live music from LA indie rock band Smoky Knights.
8. [3 p.m.] The 4th Annual MAINopoly is back with another year of food and drink tasting on Sunday May 28. Organized like a classic Monopoly game, 20 locations will be providing stamps for each spot you conquer. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [6:30 p.m.] Hollywood Burlesque Festival at The Mayflower Club. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [all day] It’s Burger Day at Smorgasburg LA at ROW DTLA! Vendors will offer speciality burgers and NYC’s Ramen Burger will make a special appearance!
DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 tix to see the LA Phil perform Beethoven’s Masterful Ninth Symphony at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.