You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 27, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Topanga Days will take over Memorial Day weekend with live music, food, arts, and a parade at the Topanga Community Club.
2. [10 a.m.] Claimed as the “Largest Arts & Crafts Fair in Southern California,” expect over 300 artists, sculptors, photographers and hand crafters to participate at Fiesta Hermosa a three-day affair taking place May 27-29. The festival is free with plenty of fun for all ages from a charity beer and wine garden to a special kiddie carnival area. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] This weekend the 59th annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back from May 26 through 29 featuring strawberry-themed contests, a strawberry stomp 5K run, parade and games. Come on Friday for the strawberry cake-cutting ceremony and score free strawberry shortcake!
5. [11:45 a.m.] The Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival is set to take over Rancho Santa Susana Community Park this Memorial Day weekend (May 27-28) with music, Cajun-Creole food like jambalaya and crawfish plus dance lessons, kid friendly activities and so much more.
4. [noon] Head to Northridge to the Valley Greek Festival (May 27-29) for three days of Greek food, Greek wine, dancing, shopping, cooking demos and more. Taking place at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church admission is $3, children under 10 are free and folks over 65 are free as well.
7. [noon] California Gold Rush Day is returning to Santa Anita Park for another year of refreshing brew in the golden sun on May 27. Attendees will get a chance to watch the races while enjoying a sample of unique craft beers and unique sours from some of the best breweries in California.
8. [noon] The 8th Annual Los Angeles Vegan Beer & Food Festival will take place at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena this Saturday. Get a taste of SoCal’s best vegan eats with unlimited pours of craft beers.
9. [2 p.m.] The Lincoln will celebrate their one year anniversary throughout Memorial Day Weekend (May 27-28) with selected complimentary specialty cocktails, a BBQ, and live music from LA indie rock band Smoky Knights.
6. [5:30 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear brings a screening of Pulp Fiction at The Autry Museum.
10. [6:30 p.m.] Hollywood Burlesque Festival at The Mayflower Club. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 admission to the Long Beach BBQ Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.