As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$5] This Saturday night there will be a Grunion Fish-tival at Cabrillo Marine Aquarium. Check out the aquarium after hours and see if you can witness this seasonal marvel of nature as silver fish emerge onto land and mate (hopefully!).
2. [FREE] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with a FREE show on Saturday at The Virgil with over a dozen well known comedians and animators. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Memorial Day Music Festival aboard the Battleship IOWA. SATURDAY
4. [FREE] Fiesta Hermosa a three-day affair taking place May 27-29 that includes over 300 artists, sculptors, photographers plus a charity beer and wine garden and a special kiddie carnival area. SATURDAY-MONDAY
5. [FREE] Santa Anita Park Infield will be transformed into a free three day carnival (May 27-29) with all the classic carnival attractions and indulgences. SATURDAY-MONDAY
6. [FREE] Zine fans and creators will gather in DTLA for L.A. Zine Fest at the California Market Center for a full-day of discussions, panels and event exhibitors. SUNDAY
7. [FREE] Killer Shrimp presents the 6th Annual Killer Rides show this Sunday in Marina del Rey. Check out hotrods, classics, exotics and bikes for free! Iconic hot dog stand, Tail O’ the Pup will be serving up free hot dogs too. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] The Queen Mary will offer free admission to all U.S. active and retired military personnel on Memorial Day. MONDAY
9. [FREE] Free day at LACMA for Memorial Day. MONDAY
10. [FREE] Kayaking Season on the LA River starts on Memorial Day. MONDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Topanga Days Country Fair. SATURDAY-MONDAY
- California Gold Rush Beer & Sour Festival at Santa Anita Park. SATURDAY
- Eat|See|Hear brings a screening of Pulp Fiction at The Autry Museum. The event includes free admission to the Autry Museum. Be sure to check for discount tickets before making your purchase. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- 4th Annual MAINopoly in Santa Monica. SUNDAY
- Pier Pressure: Memorial Weekend Party Cruise aboard the Catalina King. SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 47 awesome things to do this Memorial Day weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.