You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 45th Annual Topanga Days Country Fair from May 26-28 will feature various country fair games and competitions, live entertainment, food, and more for guests of all ages.
2. [10 a.m.] Fiesta Hermosa is back (May 26-28) the free annual event, will feature local vendors, 18 different food offerings, beer gardens, games and live music in Downtown Hermosa Beach.
9. [10 a.m.] USS Iowa will host their annual Military Appreciation Day giving active and veteran military members free admission to the party. The Memorial day festival will feature live music, food trucks, military vehicles on display, remembrance ceremony and more.
6. [10 a.m.] The 103rd annual Forest Lawn Memorial Day event offers veterans and the public a day of observance, speakers, salutes, giveaways, ice cream, and refreshments at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] To pay respect to those who lost their lives for American freedom, the 29th Canoga Park Memorial Day Parade features marching bands, patriotic floats and more.
3. [11 a.m.] LACMA is free for the Memorial Day holiday!
8. [noon] Celebrate Memorial Day by getting down to great jazz and reggae music at the JazzReggae Festival at UCLA’s Sunset Recreation Center.
5. [noon.] Head to the San Fernando Valley’s 45th annual Greek Festival (May 26-28) for three days of Greek food, Greek wine, dancing, shopping, cooking demos and more. Taking place at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
7. [8 p.m.] Paul Simon plays the Hollywood Bowl
10. [various] Baldoria in Little Tokyo celebrates its second anniversary on Monday with $2 Margherita Pizzas all day and night (dine-in only) and $2 shots of any spirit.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix toRoaring Nights at the L.A. Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.