You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 & 8 p.m.] Garry Marshall Theatre in Burbank presents the inaugural New Works Festival featuring readings of eight new plays over four days, May 22, 23, 29 and 30. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Victorian Literary Parlour – a book club at The Last Bookstore.
3. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of Jumanji.
5. [7:55 p.m.] Brits in La Pub Quiz at The Cat and Fiddle.
6. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens Inception at The Montalban in Hollywood.
7. [8 p.m.] See a fake American Town Hall set in a “new” town but really it’s at The Virgil. The hilarious comedy show donates all ticket sales to the ACLU!
8. [8 p.m.] Live Talks Los Angeles presents An Evening with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in conversation with Frank Buckley.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Hanging with Paul Scheer at Largo.
10. [9:30 p.m.] Doug Loves Movies at the UCB Franklin.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear Pasadena screenings (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.