You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 & 8 p.m.] Garry Marshall Theatre in Burbank presents the inaugural New Works Festival featuring readings of eight new plays over four days, May 22, 23, 29 and 30. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Furry friends are welcomed at Santa Monica’s Art’s Table on Wednesdays during Yappy Hour. Food and drink specials will run from 5 to 8 p.m., as well as special treats for all of the pups, provided by To Wag For.
3. [7 p.m.] One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival is a 40 day celebration through mostly free art events and exhibits between May 22 through June 30. This Wednesday Lillian Faderman presents her new book, Harvey Milk, His Lives and Death as part of our WeHo Reads series. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
8. [7 p.m.] SoulPancake LIVE at Dynasty Typewriter.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Steely Dan With The Doobie Brothers: The Summer Of Living Dangerously at The Forum.
6. [8 p.m.] Jazz Under Ground at Oeno Vino in Atwater Village.
7. [8 p.m.] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
9. [9 p.m.] An Evening of Magic at The Edison.
10. [various] Marvel at street artist WRDSMTH’s mantras as they take over the walls of Wells Fargo Center in DTLA as part of Arts Brookfield’s year round programming. On view May 21 through MAY 31. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear Pasadena screenings (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.