You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Night Market is back on the hilltop of the iconic Yamashiro restaurant every Thursday all summer long. Angelenos can enjoy boutique vendors, food vendors, a concert series, cocktails at Yamashiro’s Pagoda Bar and an unbeatable view of Hollywood. This event is also kid friendley. Please note this year the organizers are charging $10 to park at the shuttle location. Shuttles are free and so is admission.
2. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach happening May 29-30 will allow the public to experience taste sized bites from local restaurants and enjoy live music and family friendly activities. Admission is free and tasting tickets cost $1 each.
3. [7 p.m.] Foundation of the Museum: MOCA’s Collection Walkthrough. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Hershey Felder returns to the Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts with Hershey Felder: A Paris Love Story. Playwright and performer, Hershey Felder will take audiences on a journey into the life and music of Impressionist composer Claude Debussy. The show runs May 24 through June 9. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [8 p.m.] There’s an All Female Comedy Show happening at Hotel Figueroa this Thursday. Zainab Johnson seen on All Def Comedy, Last Comic Standing, MTV’s Acting Out, and BET’s Comic View will headline the show.
6. [8 p.m.] Watch Rupaul Drag Race season 11 finale at Faultline.
7. [8 p.m.] Chelsea Handler’s Sit-Down Comedy Tour at The Wiltern.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Trivia Night at the Cock ‘N’ Bull British Pub in Santa Monica
9. [various] SAMSKARA – Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA.
10. [various] Free museum days: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), and Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.).
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar