You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 5, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Open Days: Tours of America’s Best Private Gardens comes to Hancock Park and Windsor Square is an opportunity to explore some of the most beautiful gardens in the area.
2. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg LA will host Hangover Cures & Hot Sauces with “hangover-cure” specials from vendors, plus over a dozen hot sauce vendors sampling and selling their goods.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Vegfest 2019, the all-vegan festival will feature over 150 exhibitors, over 80 vegan food trucks, celebrity guest speakers and much more. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] PHOTOVILLE LA happening at Annenberg Space for Photography May 2-5 is a photographic festival experience featuring exhibitions of local and international photographers workshops and more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Effervescence: Champagne & Sparkling Wine Festival returns to Los Angeles May 3 – 5 for its premier sparking wine event featuring an array of grape-worthy activities over the course of three days. Highlights include exclusive collector dinners, grand tastings, chef-lead dinners, and galas with celebrity chefs such as Nancy Silverton (La Brea Bakery, Mozza).
6. [3 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory launches its third season of Concert in the Dome special concerts inside its historic 100-inch telescope dome. There will be two musical performances: one at 3 p.m. and the other at 5 p.m. A reception for the artists will follow each performance.
7. [5:30 p.m.] Roy Choi’s Broken Bread KCET series will be screened at The Wiltern this Sunday as part of the Los Angeles Times Food Bowl. The free opening reception will feature Roy Choi joined by community organizations and individuals from the series to host a panel on the exploration of the power of food. FREE
8. [5:30 p.m.] There’s a Game of Thrones viewing party happening at Hotel Figueroa at ‘House Tangier’ each Sunday leading up to the series finale. The food and drink menu will be inspired by GOT for the event. A peek at the menu shows dishes like Open Faceless Man Sandwich and a Stark Courage cocktail made of tequila, mezcal and Chartreuse.
9. [6 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM Cinco De Mayan Spectacular returns May 3 – 5 for a spectacular lucha libre show that consists of masked wrestlers going to town on each other, riling up the crowd as one gets whackier than the next. The show also features stripteases, comedy, mariachis, music, and tamales. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL: $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar