You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Union Station is marking its 80th Anniversary with a two-day (May 3-4) community celebration. There will be live music in the the regal Waiting Room, a Living Gallery highlighting the past, a market place with local vendors, food and drink plus a special 80th anniversary menu. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The International Bird Rescue at the L.A. Wildlife Center in San Pedro celebrates Bird L.A. Day with a special day all about birds. Highlights include crafts, special presentations and educational booths. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] LINE LA will partner with Imperfect Produce to host an Ugly Vegetables Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to noon followed by a lunch party with holistic chef Sophia Roe and Openaire chef Josiah Citrin from 1-3 p.m.
4. [11 a.m.] PHOTOVILLE LA happening at Annenberg Space for Photography May 2-5 is a photographic festival experience featuring exhibitions of local and international photographers workshops and more. FREE
5. [noon] Explore a hidden historic neighborhood on foot during Walk On Washington an event that highlights art galleries, restaurants, boutiques and more along the Washington Blvd business corridor of Arlington Heights, Angelus Vista and Western Heights between Bronson Ave. and Wilton Pl.
6. [5 p.m.] L.A. TACO and I LOVE MICHELADAS presents the 10th annual Taco Madness celebration at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles. Savor the city’s best tacos, listen to great music and drink micheladas all day long. Admission into the event is free.
7. [7 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM Cinco De Mayan Spectacular returns May 3 – 5 for a spectacular lucha libre show that consists of masked wrestlers going to town on each other, riling up the crowd as one gets whackier than the next. The show also features stripteases, comedy, mariachis, music, and tamales. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] The Los Angeles Pancakes & Booze Art Show comes to LOT 613 May 3 – 4 for a pop-up art show of over 500 pieces by 150+ local artists plus booze, unlimited pancakes and more.
9. [various] Free Comic Book Day returns this year for an international celebration during which comic book shops give away free comics to anyone who visits their shops. FREE
10. [various] May 4 is Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You!), a worldwide celebration that various businesses take part in. A few local businesses in Los Angeles are holding events. For example, Kidspace will host a Spirit Day for families who love the series and The VOID award winning VR experience will offer a buy three get one person in for free to their Secrets of the Empire experience.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar