You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:15 p.m.] Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] USC Games Expo is back with another year of showcasing the most innovative games and interactive projects. Over 60 video, board, card and VR games will be available to play. Admission is free and the event is open to all ages. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] L.A. Times Food Bowl Night Market comes to Grand Park May 8 – 12 for an outdoor celebration of Los Angeles’ deliciously diverse food scene. Each of the five nights feature a specific theme, an array of food vendors, pop-ups, chef collaborations, art installations and live music all in one space. Wednesday’s theme is Collaboration Lab.
4. [7 p.m.] Woman Crush Wednesday Cocktail Party at The Mermaid.
5. [7 p.m.] Alcove in Los Feliz will take a few lucky guests on a journey to Westeros for a feast fit for kings, queens, knights, lords and ladies. The special menu prepared by executive chef Matt Sieger will be paired with official Game of Thrones single malt scotches and wines.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Hollywood Heritage and The Hollywood Foreign Press Association hosts Evening at The Barn a night focused on cartoonists Max Fleischer who created Koko the Clown, Betty Boop, Bimbo, and Grampy and had a hand in the Popeye, and Superman cartoon movies.
7. [various] The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival dedicated to showcasing films by and about Asians and Pacific Islanders, returns May 2-10 with a variety of screenings and activities.
8. [various] The Southeast European Film Festival a.k.a. SEEfest will showcase filmmakers and films from south east Europe and Eurasia from May 1-8.
9. [various] This week is Pasadena Restaurant Week (May 6-10). Diners can expect dozens of restaurants in participation offering special prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus.
10. [various] Culina & Vinoteca’s Second Annual MAMMA MIA! week long celebration of moms includes a “Movies Moms Love” dinner series from May 8-10 and a special MAMMA MIA! dinner menu featuring Chef de Cuisine Luca Moriconi’s very own mother Grazia’s authentic Tuscan specialties all week long. On Sunday a lavish Mother’s Day brunch buffet will take place.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar