You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Bixby Marsh will host an open house this Saturday. Located in Carson, the urban freshwater habitat contains over 100 plant species, 69 type of birds and 84 wildlife species. Docents will be on hand that day to give guided tours of the marshland trails. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The 14th Annual Lummis Days returns May 31 through June 2 for a celebration that gathers the community to honor the arts, history and ethnic diversity of Northeast Los Angeles through a number of educational and cultural events. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The Margarita Taco Festival comes to the Northridge Recreation Center June 1 – 2 for a weekend of live entertainment, tacos, beer, and delicious margaritas. Free admission.
4. [11 a.m.] Smorgasburg LA’s annual POPUP ON THE PIER in Santa Monica will team up with the first ever SaMo PRIDE for a day of celebrating diversity and getting a taste of some of the best of Smorgasburg vendors right on the Santa Monica Pier. Free to attend.
5. [noon] Outpost Los Angeles City Market heads to Rolling Greens in Downtown Los Angeles for a festival designed for creatives to meet one another while discovering music, food, art, products, and experiences that highlight Los Angeles. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] The 14th Annual LAWineFest returns June 1-2 for unlimited tastings from various wineries, artisan brands and even breweries on both a local and national level. Happening at The Pike Outlets in Long Beach, highlights include conversations with the winemakers, live music, gourmet food trucks and tastings from local restaurants. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [4 p.m.] The Fourth Annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party returns this Saturday for an inclusive celebration of the LGBTQ+ community. Highlights include beats from DJ Victor Rodriguez, dancing, food trucks, and the Venice sign lighting ceremony. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Pasadena Symphony & POPS presents ‘Music Under The Stars’ at Pasadena City Hall’s Centennial Square. The free outdoor concert also features gourmet food trucks, a musical instrument petting zoo, and other types of family fun. Picnics are encouraged for this annual event. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] For over 30 years, Grand Performances has offered a variety of performance events at California Plaza, for free. Their 2019 summer series kicks off on June 1 when City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) present COLA: A night of spiritual jazz, poetry, and literature. FREE
10. [various] LA Pride Week returns to Los Angeles May 31 – June 9 for community-oriented events designed to support the LGBTQ+ community from West Hollywood and beyond. This year’s events include the LGBT Night at Dodger Stadium on May 31, the 3rd Annual LA Pride Night at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 1, and the 2019 Trans Brunch on June 2.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar