You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Gather the kids for the 6th Annual SoCalMoms Great Big Family Play Day. Happening at The Autry, the family festival and expo will feature all day live entertainment, interactive experiences for kids, food, products, freebies and much more.
2. [10 a.m.] The 14th Annual Lummis Days returns May 31 through June 2 for a celebration that gathers the community to honor the arts, history and ethnic diversity of Northeast Los Angeles through a number of educational and cultural events. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Beauty 101 happening at The Ruby Street in Highland Park is a day of intimate insights into the latest beauty trends and techniques led by experts in the field. Attendees will get to join in on workshops, explore beauty brands and take home a curated goodie bag.
4. [11 a.m.] Traveling marketplace Urban Air Market returns to Los Feliz Village on Sunday with more than 100 emerging designer pop-ups and support from neighborhood shops and restaurants. Free to attend.
5. [11:15 a.m.] Annenberg PetSpace will host an Agility Workshop for your dog this Sunday. The one hour class will have an obstacle course with jumps, tunnels and pause tables.
6. [noon] Monrovia Music Fest returns for a day of live music, craft beers, food trucks and shop vendors. FREE
7. [1 p.m.] The 14th Annual LAWineFest returns June 1-2 for unlimited tastings from various wineries, artisan brands and even breweries on both a local and national level. Happening at The Pike Outlets in Long Beach, highlights include conversations with the winemakers, live music, gourmet food trucks and tastings from local restaurants. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [2:30 p.m.] Seven % Solution 2019 hosts a wine-tasting celebration at Hedley & Bennett in Vernon that highlights the varietal diversity of California vineyards. Gathering 42 accomplished winemakers this year, attendees can expect 60 California-based, outlier grape varieties, with 180 wines to taste, and over 130 wines to browse.
9. [3 & 5 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory launches its third season of Concert in the Domespecial concerts inside its historic 100-inch telescope dome. There will be two musical performances: one at 3 p.m. and the other at 5 p.m. A reception for the artists will follow each performance.
10. [various] LA Pride Week returns to Los Angeles May 31 – June 9 for community-oriented events designed to support the LGBTQ+ community from West Hollywood and beyond. This year’s events include the LGBT Night at Dodger Stadium on May 31, the 3rd Annual LA Pride Night at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 1, and the 2019 Trans Brunch on June 2.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar