You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] For the 5th year in a row, the KTOWN Night Market is returning to Koreatown June 14-15 for a weekend of live music performances, delicious food offerings and trendy Korean-beauty shopping.
2. [6 p.m.] FIGFest at FIGat7th in Downtown is back for another festive summer filled with live performances by leading artists in a variety of genres. The series continues this Friday with Oddisee & Good Company and Sudan Archives. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] . The Skirball museum will host an Outdoor Movie Series screening of 1957 romanic musical Funny Face starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.
4. [6 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles brings back their Summer of Salsa concert series this Friday. Dance to the sounds of some of the city’s best salsa and Cuban bands one Friday evening each month through summer. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] Summer Friday Night Drive-In at the Roadium returns every Friday evening from June 7 to August 30 to revive your favorite films in a classic 1950’s drive-in setting. The series continues with a screening of Jurassic Park.
6. [8 p.m.] Last Whispers – Oratorio for Vanishing Voices, Collapsing Universes & a Falling Tree comes to the Ford Theatres on Friday for a night dedicated to the mass extinction of languages. Presented in surround sound under the stars, audiences will marvel at a chorus of spoken and sung extinct and endangered languages punctuated by sounds of forest and wind, while black and white video and photography poetically link image and sound. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions: The Comedy of Errors and Henry V at a variety of venues across Los Angeles. Kicking off the series is The Comedy of Errors at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Hit cabaret show Ms. Pak-Man returns to Los Angeles June 13 – 15 for a comedy filled night staring the superstar of 1980s video game Ms. Pak-Man. She’ll regale audiences with stories of her rise to fame and what she’s been up to since.
9. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Looking for a last minute Father’s Day idea? Check out Skyspace’s BBQ & Brews Event!
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar