You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 16, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The 2017 Dew Tour’s Summer Skate Competition in Long Beach (June 15-18) is four days of skateboarding featuring a three-part street course, stand-alone bowl, interactive sponsor village, plus a host of individual and team competitions. Standing events are free to attend. Be sure to check for discounted tickets. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [4 p.m.] KTOWN Night Market will feature over 100 local food and merchandise vendors along with food options such as fish cake, sushi tacos and fried chicken, plus a sample sale and live music.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Sip wine perched on a iconic L.A. hill that’s also home to an architectural gem at The Barnsdall Art Park’s annual Wine Tasting Nights. Now in its ninth year, the series feature tastings of boutique artisanal wines, along with food trucks, amazing food pop-ups and this Friday includes music from KCRW DJ Marion Hodges.
4. [6 p.m.] Friday Flights at the Getty is back this year with another round of live interdisciplinary artist performances. Experience epic art, live performances and scenic views at one of L.A.’s most popular museums. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Take a moonlight hike with Tree People and explore Coldwater Canyon Park at night. Great for family and friends the hour-long guided hike begins promptly at 7:30 p.m and ends at 8:30 p.m.
6. [8 p.m] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This weekend (June 16-17) they’ll be performing Taming of the Shrew at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. While admission is free they encourage donations to help support the productions.
7. [8 p.m.] “I Am An Immigrant” is a free pop–up experience to celebrate Immigrant Heritage Month in Los Angeles. The event will unite artists, entertainers, elected officials and community leaders for a weekend of comedy, film screenings, celebrity interviews, spoken-word and more. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Celebrate summer while watching movies that rock (i.e. feature great music) during Outdoor Movies at the Skirball. The summer lineup kicks off on June 16 with School of Rock. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Black Rabbit Rose, part theater for magic and variety acts and part craft cocktail bar, takes you into their retro-style cabaret shows set in an intimate and mysterious setting. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [11:59 p.m. ] Sleepless: The Music Center After Hours turns its attention to the Walt Disney Concert Hall and its hidden spaces and maze like architecture. DJs, sonic experiences, projections, interactive installations and dance parties will all take place in rarely accessed areas, backstage and even private rooms.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to see G-Funk at the Ace Hotel Theatre w/performance by Warren G (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.