You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 17, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 25th Annual Pasadena Chalk Festival at the Paseo. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] The 2017 Dew Tour’s Summer Skate Competition in Long Beach (June 15-18) is four days of skateboarding featuring a three-part street course, stand-alone bowl, interactive sponsor village, plus a host of individual and team competitions. Standing events are free to attend. Be sure to check for discounted tickets. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] The Cooper Design Space will be taken over by Dessert Goals a new sweets festival bringing vendors like Coolhaus, AmazeBowls, Milk Jar Cookies, Honey & Butter, and more under one roof. In addition the fest is bringing exclusive treats from NYC to the west coast for the very first time!
4. [2 p.m.] KTOWN Night Market will feature over 100 local food and merchandise vendors along with food options such as fish cake, sushi tacos and fried chicken, plus a sample sale and live music.
5. [3 p.m. ] L.A. Weekly’s 5th annual taco festival is back for 2017. Taking place at El Pueblo de Los Angeles, Tacolandia offers some of the finest gourmet tacos from over 120 curated vendors. The fest also features a cash bar with beer, wine and cocktails, plus live mariachi music, food awards and more.
6. [5 p.m.] Pasadena’s Norton Simon Museum of Art is throwing a garden party. The event, A Night in Focus will take place in the museum’s lush sculpture garden where attendees will enjoy potpourri blending, plein air sketching, live music, watercolor sketching and more. The garden party admission is free with the purchase of museum admission.
7. [7 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park will kick off their annual free concert series this weekend with The Mexican Standoff, Nancy Sanchez, Sin Color on Saturday and Cumbia Cosmica on Sunday. FREE
8. [8 p.m] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This weekend (June 16-17) they’ll be performing Taming of the Shrew at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. While admission is free they encourage donations to help support the productions.
9. [9 p.m.] Fred 62 is turning 20! The Los Feliz retro diner will be celebrating by serving up complimentary minis of menu food and drink classics from 9 p.m. to midnight (or until the food runs out) this Saturday. FREE
10. [various] Los Angeles Beer Week (June 17-25) is back! Now in its ninth year the week will feature dozens of beer-centric events over nine days in numerous locations all over the Southland. The event kickoffs this Saturday at Los Angeles Center Studios in Downtown L.A. with a festival featuring 150+ unique beers from over 75 craft breweries, along with live entertainment, great food and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix for the Los Angeles Soul Music Festival in Expo Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.