You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 18, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 25th Annual Pasadena Chalk Festival at the Paseo. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The Autry Museum of the American West presents Play!, a new exhibition focusing on toys and games featuring over 100 historic objects from the Autry’s collection. Explore how children have played, and what social values have been revealed, In addition, get hands-on with games of the past and present! Admission to Play! is included in the Autry admission price.
3. [11 a.m.] The 2017 Dew Tour’s Summer Skate Competition in Long Beach (June 15-18) is four days of skateboarding featuring a three-part street course, stand-alone bowl, interactive sponsor village, plus a host of individual and team competitions. Standing events are free to attend. Be sure to check for discounted tickets. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [11 a.m. ] Tucked away in the hills of Griffith Park is another magical place courtesy of Walt Disney – the Carolwood Barn. Check it out yourself when the barn holds an open house this Sunday, giving guests of all ages a chance to come and experience this local treasure. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Father’s Day at CAAM is a daylong celebration featuring live music, kite flying, interactive art-making, tasty bites from LocoL and Rodney’s Ribs food truck and more. Admission to the museum is always free.
6. [noon] Take dad downtown to Angel City Brewery for the 3rd annual Father’s Day Food Truck and Music Festival this Sunday. Enjoy a pint with dad, dance to live bands and nosh on dishes from BrewWings, Market Burgers and Kai Kai Dumplings.
7. [3:30 p.m] Shakespeare’s enchanting A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to Topanga Canyon’s Theatricum Botanicum a uniquely rustic outdoor theater surrounded by oak trees.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park will continues off their annual free concert series this Sunday with Leche presented by Spaceland. FREE
9. [various] Need to take dad out for a special meal this Sunday? Check out our top Father’s Day Special picks here.
10. [various] Los Angeles Beer Week (June 17-25) is back! Now in its ninth year the week will feature dozens of beer-centric events over nine days in numerous locations all over the Southland. The event kickoffs this Saturday at Los Angeles Center Studios in Downtown L.A. with a festival featuring 150+ unique beers from over 75 craft breweries, along with live entertainment, great food and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 for Roaring Nights concerts at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.