You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Head to the Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (ICA LA) for Art Babes Story Hour where children can enjoy stories read by artists who have authored children’s books, as well as artists who will read a selection of favorite stories inside the art museum. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Downtown Culver City’s 7th annual ‘Third Wednesday Spiked Lemonade Tasting’ returns for another year of free lemonade tastings at participating businesses. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Autry After Hours closes out their 2019 series with a blend of global works, a live flamenco performance, local poets and DJ tunes. There will be food and cocktails available for purchase and select museum galleries will be open for exploration.
4. [7 p.m.] FLIX at FIG screens The Goonies at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Every first and third Wednesday of the month, BEAR CITY brings free comedy and free pizza to Que Sera in Long Beach. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Hollywood Bowl welcomes opera star Andrea Bocelli on Tuesday and Wednesday to its outdoor amphitheater theatre stage.
7. [8 p.m.] Meet the Grunion with the folks at Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro. Learn about these silverly fish during a short program then head over to the beach to observe their interesting mating nighttime ritual which brings the small fish onto the shores for a brief moment before the waves take them back into the ocean.
8. [9 p.m.] The Spare Room welcomes back Evening of Tiki, a one-night collaboration with the best and brightest cocktail talent from around the world. Happening once a month from May through September, beverage director Yael Vengroff will work alongside each guest bartender to create an over-the-top tiki-inspired menu. The Spare Room will also have a food menu, DJs and special guests for each night.
9. [various] Every year local breweries, bars and restaurants celebrate LA Beer Week (June 15-23) through events highlighting craft beer culture. Check their schedule for all the free and ticketed events happening this week.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.