You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 2, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The Pasadena Museum of Art will celebrate their 15th birthday with a special extended Free First Friday. Events to include six different talks spotlighting artists like Kenny Scharf, tasty baked goods, wine and beer, music from the Astral Plane DJ team, Red Hen Press book readings and musical performances by Tim Reid.
2. [7 p.m.] The Interactive, Immersive and Innovative Public Arts Festival hosts over 30 artists, allowing them to engage and exhibit their most imaginative works. The festival will take place at three separate locations throughout DTLA, including the launch of Grand Performances for 2017 featuring William Close and the Earth Harp Collective.
3. [7 p.m.] This Friday will be the 2nd Annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party. The night’s celebration will include DJs, dancing, food trucks, art exhibitions, and more. Free and open to the public. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery is hosting two cocktail classes in Downtown LA this weekend. This Friday the theme is Seasonal Fresh Produce Cocktails with Whiskey and Vodka. Saturday is Coffee Cocktails.
5. [8 p.m.] Get ready for another round of unlimited pancakes, live music, booze and over 150 artist showing off their work during the Pancakes & Booze Art Show. Happening June 2 to 3 at LOT 613 in Downtown Los Angeles.
6. [8 p.m.] A new exhibition entitled Sanctuary opens this Friday night at the Little Tokyo Arts Complex. The opening night exhibition/performance will be followed by a DJ set by Shephard Fairey. FREE
8. [various] Friday is National Donut Day! To celebrate Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the Los Angeles area will be offering a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage. Enjoy!
9. [various] Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week is from June 2 through 11! The desert getaway of choice for most Angelenos, restaurant week is just like dineL.A. offering special deals during lunch and dinner at some of the deserts best eateries.
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 to see All-Beethoven at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.