You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Long Beach Patchwork Show happening at Long Beach Marine Stadium will showcase 200+ handmade and artisan creations by some of the best independent makers throughout Southern California. Admission is free. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Los Angeles’ 9th Annual MarinaFest and Boat Show returns June 22 – 23 to celebrate the coastal lifestyle of Marina Del Rey through an in-water boat show, tall ships and historic water tours, a wine-and-beer garden, live music, activities for kids and more. Admission is free, though the in-water boat show and dock admission costs $10.
3. [11 a.m.] Family Flicks Film Series at The Hammer will screen Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal this Sunday. FREE
4 [11:30 a.m.] Ford Theatre presents JAM Sessions happening at Burton Chace Park in Marina del Rey. The free event is centered around movement and music. At 11:30 a.m. you can twirl and dance your way into being a Bollywood star under the instruction of Blue13 Dance Company. Then at 3:30 p.m. JAM will host an interactive drum circle using a variety of percussion instruments and drums provided. FREE
5. [noon] Angel City Brewery celebrates Pride month with live entertainment, comedians, a specially brewed LGBT Pride Beer and more this Sunday.
6. [1 p.m.] The 19th annual Summer SOULstice Festival returns Sunday to Santa Monica with an all ages party featuring music stages, satellite bars, performing artists, and much more. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Sunday Sessions returns to Grand Park for the summer featuring local DJs celebrating the Los Angeles House music scene one Sunday evening each month until September. FREE
8. [3 p.m.] Art Beyond the Glass will host its annual cocktail culture festival at Los Globos in Silver Lake featuring over 100 top bartenders mixing cocktails and showcasing their artistic side from performing music, to showcasing their photography, paintings, sculptures and much more, all while raising funds for non-profit Beautify Earth.
9. [4 p.m.] A Taste of Eagle Rock will feature an array of food and beverages from local restaurants, live entertainment from Bukowski’s Couch, a special area for kids and more.
10. [various] Black Hollywood Comedy Festival (HBCF) comes to the TCL Chinese Theater June 20-23 to celebrate African-American comedy in the worlds of improv, standup, digital, television and film. Created by veteran comedy producer, Jeru Tillman, the HBCF was founded to exhibit diverse styles and perspectives of African-American comedic talent.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to Into The Woods at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)