You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1 [9:30 a.m.] The Mass Meditation Initiative is a free festival that features mindful yoga, live performances, sound domes, vegan products, art and more at Los Angeles State Historic Park. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] PetCon LA 2019 comes to City Market Social House for a fun-filled convention all about your favorite furry companions. Highlights include merchandising and shopping, a dog adoption garden and adoptable cat cafe plus meet and greets with celebrity pets, activations, informative panels, and more.
3. [10 a.m.] Los Angeles’ 9th Annual MarinaFest and Boat Show returns June 22 – 23 to celebrate the coastal lifestyle of Marina Del Rey through an in-water boat show, tall ships and historic water tours, a wine-and-beer garden, live music, activities for kids and more. Admission is free, though the in-water boat show and dock admission costs $10.
4. [noon] Blue Roof Studios Arts Festival in South Los Angeles will spotlight the diversity of our city through art shows, workshops, open studios, art installations, live performances, a bazar and much more. FREE
5. [2 p.m.] Eat Drink Vegan returns to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena with over 250 beverage vendors, over 100 vegan eateries, and an endless list of plant-based focused market vendors.
6. [6 p.m.] Off the 405, free concerts at the Getty will host a performance by L’Rain at 6 p.m. in the museum courtyard. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] This Saturday is the 36th annual Radiotron Music Festival as part of the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series.
8. [6 p.m.] Presented by Los Angeles Councilwoman Nury Martinez, the 5th annual Valley Pride festival returns with the theme “One Valley, One Love”, celebrating family love and acceptance of the LGBTQIA+ community in the San Fernando Valley. Live music, food trucks, interactive art and resources to help support the LGBTQIA+ community are just a few highlights of the day. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] This Saturday Triple GRAMMY® Winner Dee Dee Bridgewater headlines the KJazz 88.1 FM Summer Benefit Concert at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall. The program begins at 8 p.m.
10. [various] Black Hollywood Comedy Festival (HBCF) comes to the TCL Chinese Theater June 20-23 to celebrate African-American comedy in the worlds of improv, standup, digital, television and film. Created by veteran comedy producer, Jeru Tillman, the HBCF was founded to exhibit diverse styles and perspectives of African-American comedic talent.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to Into The Woods at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)