You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] HARMAN and the GRAMMY Museum will come together for a pop-up party in celebration of Make Music Day. The HARMAN Street Studio will be equipped with musical instruments and HARMAN recording technology, open to all ages to experience the joys of making music together. Local music producer, Elori Kramer, will edit the audio recorded that day into a one-of-a-kind, local music track to be shared online. FREE
2. [5:30 p.m.] Spend the season sipping wine during sunset hour at Barnsdall Art Park’s Friday Night Wine Party Series. Happening on the lawn of architectural gem the Hollyhock House, the evening features a fine selection of wines curated by Silverlake Wine, a live DJ and tours of the house. The series happens every Friday evening till September 6.
3. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA features live music and/or DJs paired with expert dance instructors providing beginner group dance lessons for attendees. Each night has a different dance theme. The series opens on June 21 with a Bollywood theme on the Grand Park Performance Lawn. Dance DTLA continues on select Fridays through August 30.
4. [7 p.m.] The Slackers perform with Bubba Master as part of the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Originally founded in 2012, The Silver Lake Picture Show offers free outdoor film screenings on select summer Fridays at Sunset Triangle Plaza in Silver Lake. This year’s series starts on June 21 with a screening of Selena.
6. [8:45 p.m.] Head to Virgil Village’s LAG Vintage for the Pride Edition of JuiceBox featuring comedians Joel Kim Booster, Julia Hladkowicz, Kenny Deforest, Danielle Perez, Mary Jane French, Heather Turman and Kevin Yee.
8. [various] The LA Design Festival returns with a city-wide celebration that includes a block party, installations, opening exhibitions, a market place, talks, workshops, tours and much more. Keep in mind some events are ticketed while others are free.
9. [various] Black Hollywood Comedy Festival (HBCF) comes to the TCL Chinese Theater June 20-23 to celebrate African-American comedy in the worlds of improv, standup, digital, television and film. Created by veteran comedy producer, Jeru Tillman, the HBCF was founded to exhibit diverse styles and perspectives of African-American comedic talent.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Celebrate the 4th of July at OUE Skyspace LA! Enjoy one of the most scenic views of multiple fireworks displays in Southern California.