You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 24, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 40th annual Riviera Village Summer Festival returns to Redondo Beach on June 24-25 with an international food court, carnival rides, over 300 vendor booths, beer and wine gardens and plenty of live music. FREE
2. [noon] The first ever Arroyo Seco Weekend (June 24-25) is a two-day food and music festival taking place at Brookside Park in Pasadena. Headliners include Mumford & Sons, The Shins, Fitz + the Tantrums, Alabama Shake and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.
3. [noon] Celebrate the grand opening of Wallis Annenberg PetSpace in Playa Vista. This new community space offers pet adoptions and educational programming while educating the public about the science behind the special bond between humans and animals. On opening day enjoy family-oriented activities, behind-the-scenes tours, food trucks and surprises for all. FREE
4. [noon] The 31st Annual Long Beach Bayou Festival returns on June 24-25 for another year of crawfish eating, zydeco bands and everything else that makes the bayou “home.” Discount tickets also available while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [1 p.m.] Big Sing L.A. led by the Los Angeles Master Chorale is a giant day of public singing taking place in Grand Park this Saturday. Choral conductors like Grant Gershon and Francisco Núñez will lead the public through a program of popular songs including “Hey Jude,” “The Lion Sleeps Tonight,” and “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” All are welcome and no experience is necessary! FREE
6. [5:30 p.m] Eat|See|Hear brings a screening of Grease at North Hollywood Recreation Center.
7. [6 p.m.] Outdoor summer concert series Off the 405 at the Getty Center showcases today’s hottest bands while surrounded by some of the most beautiful gardens, views and architecture in Los Angeles. This weekend La Luz will perform. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free / donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. They will kick off their season with a performance of Measure for Measure on June 24-25.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Summer Happenings at The Broad returns with contemporary art, music and performances in a one of a kind late-night environment. This Saturday the series begins with a night dedicated to Andy Warhol.
10. [10 p.m.] There’s an immersive bioluminescence outdoor art installation coming to a secret beach location this Saturday. Night Life LA (02) will have guests surrounded by glowing bioluminescent algae cultivated for this art installation. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets with Live Symphony at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.