You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, June 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [until 9 a.m.] Alcove, a beloved Los Feliz cafe with one of the most popular patios in the city, is celebrating their 15th anniversary with a summer-long morning coffee happy hour promotion. From June 1 through September 30 guests can pick up a hot cappuccino, latte, brewed coffee or espresso for only $1.50 every day between 6 to 9 a.m. It’s the perfect way to start a summer morning in L.A.
2. [6 p.m.]Esters Wine Shop & Bar Guest Chef Burger Night Series kicks off on Tuesday with Valerie Confections’ Valerie Gordon whipping up her version of a double-double animal-style burger paired with a signature cocktail from the bar. Additionally, she’ll have slices of her legendary Blum’s Coffee Crunch Cake available for dessert.
3. [7 p.m.] California African American Museum (CAAM) and Art + Practice (A+P) present the Points of Access series a talk and workshop focused on artists and their need to build a sustained practice. The public program welcomes artists of all stages and genres. Karen Atkinson, founder and creator of the artist-run company and art project, Getting Your Sh*t Together for Artists will be holding a discussion. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Dido comes to The Wiltern.
5. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the sixth year in a row. From June 11 through August 27 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and Peroni Nastro Azzurro. Mary Poppins Returns will be screened this week.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Office Trivia Night at Elite Esports and Gaming Lounge in Studio City.
7. [8 p.m.] Karaoke Tuesdays at The Offbeat in Highland Park.
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with The Goonies at Granada Beach. Screenings happen on select Tuesdays and Thursdays through August 20. FREE
9. [10:30 p.m.] The Good Nite bar in North Hollywood is celebrating PRIDE month with Drag Karaoke featuring Karaoke Kweens performing at 10:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. plus drink specials all night long.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to Into The Woods at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)