You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, June 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [until 9 a.m.] Alcove, a beloved Los Feliz cafe with one of the most popular patios in the city, is celebrating their 15th anniversary with a summer-long morning coffee happy hour promotion. From June 1 through September 30 guests can pick up a hot cappuccino, latte, brewed coffee or espresso for only $1.50 every day between 6 to 9 a.m. It’s the perfect way to start a summer morning in L.A.
2. [5 p.m.] The Raconteurs come to Amoeba Hollywood with a free show to promote their new album Help Us Stranger.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens hosts Summer Songs welcoming The Flashdance DJs into their Rose Garden. They’ll be spinning an all-vinyl set during sunset hours and beer will be offered at concession stands.
4. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach happening June 26-27 will allow the public to experience taste sized bites from local restaurants and enjoy live music and family friendly activities. Admission is free and tasting tickets cost $1 each.
5. [6:30 p.m.] Level 8 Drive-In Summer Movie Series screens Grease at the top of The Grove’s parking structure. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Sorting Room nightclub housed within the Wallis Center’s Lovelace Studio Center presents a new season of unpredictable performances from poets, composers, jazz singers, cabaret veterans and more in a variety of genres alongside happy hour drink specials. Happening Wednesday through Saturday.
7. [8 p.m.] KROQ Locals Only Presents Rooney: Up Close & Acoustic at Lodge Room in Highland Park.
8. [9 p.m.] Ace Hotel welcomes Summer Hop with Roger Mars at Upstairs, Ace’s rooftop lounge. Mars will be playing tunes from his large crate of rock n’ roll vinyls from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. There is no cover. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Dub Club with Arise Roots at Echoplex.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to Into The Woods at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)