You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Little Tokyo Nights, a new night market debuts this Thursday featuring Taiko performances, live music, cooking demos, artists, vendors and lots of food from pop up restaurants as well as food trucks. This event will repeat every Thursday from 4-10 p.m.
2. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach happening June 26-27 will allow the public to experience taste sized bites from local restaurants and enjoy live music and family friendly activities. Admission is free and tasting tickets cost $1 each.
3. [6:30 p.m.] Who What Wear’s Street Style Cinema screens The Devil Wears Prada at The Grove.
4. [7 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes presents Pláticas y Pruebas: Craft Cocktails, The Art of Elevated Drinking, an evening discussion and cocktail tasting focused solely on mezcal.
5. [7 p.m.] Thirsty Classics An evening of Classic Cocktails + Classic Films happening at Alcove in Los Feliz takes place in their private garden patio where guests will be treated to a screening of Casablanca, three cocktails from 1940’s plus popcorn.
6. [7 p.m.] South Central Skankers, Roncovacoco & The Meddlers perform as part of the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Sorting Room nightclub housed within the Wallis Center’s Lovelace Studio Center presents a new season of unpredictable performances from poets, composers, jazz singers, cabaret veterans and more in a variety of genres alongside happy hour drink specials. Happening Wednesday through Saturday.
8. [8 p.m.] The Game Changers Outdoor Movie Screening Series comes to The Ford Theatres in Hollywood June 27 – 30 for four-nights of groundbreaking cinema and television underneath the stars. Presented by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, the goal of the series is to showcase media that has impacted diversity and narrative storytelling in monumental ways. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare by the Sea performs The Comedy of Errors at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to Into The Woods at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)