You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] There’s no better place to explore the history of our city than inside Becoming Los Angeles, the Natural History Museum’s newly revamped (and just reopened) exhibit that details the culture, events, geography, movements, art, and diverse peoples that have shaped the city of angels.
2. [10 a.m.] There’s a two day Cult Gaia sample sale happening in DTLA with up to 80% off retail prices on their swoon worthy accessories.
3. [11 a.m.] 260 Sample Sale LA in Beverly Hills will host a ALC sample sale from June 27 to July 1 with up to 75% off retail price.
4. [11 a.m.] Dew Tour’s summer skate competition and festival returns to the Long Beach Convention Center and Rainbow Park Lagoon from June 28 to July 1 for a free four-day celebration of all things skate culture.
5. [noon] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6 p.m.] The L.A. Zoo will host a Sustainable Wine+Dinner Series highlighting sustainability — from agriculture to food and wine production to wildlife conservation. There will be close animal encounters, and a featured winery, along with a four-course farm-to-table dinner.
7. [6:30 p.m.] Who What Wear’s Street Style Cinema, a series of free outdoor movie screenings at The Grove, concludes this week with a showing of La La Land. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea continues with a performance of The Merry Wives of Windsor at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro this Thursday through Saturday. FREE
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
10. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $5.25 tix to CatCon LA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.