You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Dew Tour’s summer skate competition and festival returns to the Long Beach Convention Center and Rainbow Park Lagoon from June 28 to July 1 for a free four-day celebration of all things skate culture.
2. [noon] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [4 p.m.] 626 Night Market returns for three nights of deliciousness from June 29-July 1 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.
4. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights in the Garden returns to the Natural History Museum this weekend. Sip garden-inspired cocktails, listen to live music, take garden tours and more. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] The Los Angeles Zoo’s annual after-hours music series, Roaring Nights, is back for summer 2018. Come experience DJs, indie bands, Silent Disco, the all-new Glamping Lounge, adult beverages, more than a dozen great food trucks each evening and more.
6. [6 p.m.] Friday Flights at The Getty invites artists to respond to the iconic architecture, gardens and exhibitions of the museum through multiple art forms that include music, performance and film. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea continues with a performance of The Merry Wives of Windsor at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro this Thursday through Saturday. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Grand Performances presents Dave Hillyard & The Rocksteady 7 (jazz, reggae, Latin, ska) with The Delirians (soul, funk, Latin, ska, reggae) FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Celebrate summer in Los Angeles at Outdoor Movies at the Skirball. Films selected for this series are all related to current Skirball exhibits. This week check out The Muppet Movie, starring Jim Henson’s most beloved characters and come early to view the The Jim Henson Exhibition: Imagination Unlimited exhibit.
10. [9 p.m.] The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features DJ Nights, an evening curated by some of the city’s best and most influential DJs. Enjoy music, dancing, and more from 9 p.m. to midnight. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $5.25 tix to CatCon LA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.