You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday June 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] High Voltage Magazine will join forces with Scum and Villainy Cantina to launch a weekly board game night in Hollywood. Every week will have a theme with related giveaways, board games, menu items and more. This weekend theme is Joss Whedon’s space drama Firefly. Admission is free.
2. [7 p.m.] Bring a little meditation to your Monday at the Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group
3. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap at Der Wolfskopf in Pasadena brings professional astronomers to bars to give informal talks on a variety of scientific topics followed by lots of discussion with guests. And beer!
4. [7:30 p.m.] Maroon 5 at The Forum.
5. [8 p.m.] Pub Trivia at the Red Lion Tavern.
6. [8:30 p.m.] If you Build It: A Stand Up Comedy Show at the UCBT Sunset.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Soul Nite at the Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar. FREE
8. [various] It’s Rhône Valley Vineyards Restaurant Weeks in L.A. from June 4-18. Participating restaurants include 71 Above, Kali, Nomad, Redbird, Spring and more. Each will highlight Rhône Valley wines by the glass, in flights and in pairings for the two weeks.
9. [various] It’s officially Negroni Week (June 4-10) enjoy spins on the Negroni from L.A. bars, Negroni specials, Negroni parties and more. The week is dedicated to raising money for a variety of causes through Negroni purchases by the public so drink up!
10. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to KROQ presents Nineties by Nature (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.