You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday June 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] The 13th annual Lummis Day Festival celebrates Southwest Museum founder Charles Fletcher Lummis through multiple lively events in select locations in the Northeast Los Angeles area. This year the festival will run from June 1-3 with art, music, film, poetry programs scheduled. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] PHAME Hair & Makeup Expo happening June 2-3 at Magic Box L.A. in Downtown Los Angeles will host popular influencers in the industry including Natalie Eva Marie, Vanessa Simmons, Angel Brinks and Lilly Ghalichi Mir.
7. [11 a.m.] South Robertson’s SORO Festival is a free Westside event offering lots of fun activities for kids and adults alike. Highlights include live music, hundreds of vendor booths featuring local businesses and community information, and special villages including a Beer and Wine Garden, gourmet food truck stop, a car show and more. FREE
9. [11 a.m.] Traveling marketplace Urban Air Market returns to Los Feliz Village on Sunday with more than 100 emerging designer pop-ups, live musical performances and support from neighborhood shops and restaurants. Free to attend. FREE
6. [noon] Monrovia Music Fest returns to the Library Park Memorial Fountain in Old Town Monrovia on Sunday. This lively event will feature both up-and-coming and award-winning indie So Cal bands and artists from a diverse mix of genres and even musical whistling. FREE
4. [12:30 p.m.] Taste of the Nation returns to Culver City’s Media Park with unlimited tastings from local chefs, restaurants and mixologists. As always, proceeds will benefit No Kid Hungry, a campaign that fights to end childhood hunger within the United States.
5. [1 p.m.] The 13th Annual LAWineFest returns for two afternoons of unlimited tastings from various wineries, artisan brands and even breweries on both a local and national level. Hosted June 2 and 3 at The Row in Downtown L.A. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [2 p.m.] Union Station welcomes THE FLOOR Improv Days, a free public event showcasing some of L.A.’s best musicians and dancers kicks off Sunday with The Red Line Horns. The event also features a percussion workshop and Afro-Cuban dance lessons. FREE
8. [3 & 5 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory is offering a classical music concert within the dome of the 100-inch telescope above the observatory this Sunday.
10. [4 p.m.] Shakespeare’s most magical play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon for 12 performances throughout the summer, from June 3-September 3.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to KROQ presents Nineties by Nature (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.