You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June , 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 13th annual Lummis Day Festival celebrates Southwest Museum founder Charles Fletcher Lummis through multiple lively events in select locations in the Northeast Los Angeles area. This year the festival will run from June 1-3 with art, music, film, poetry programs scheduled. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] 4th Annual Los Angeles Bread Festival takes over Grand Central Market in Downtown Los Angeles for two days (June 2-3) of SoCal’s thriving artisanal bread renaissance through tastings, a bread market place, butter-making workshop, demos and more.
3. [11 a.m.] PHAME Hair & Makeup Expo happening June 2-3 at Magic Box L.A. in Downtown Los Angeles will host popular influencers in the industry including Natalie Eva Marie, Vanessa Simmons, Angel Brinks and Lilly Ghalichi Mir.
4. [1 p.m.] Kick off summer at the L.A. Underground Barbecue Festival hosted at Los Angeles Ale Works in Hawthorne. The food festival will feature six of the best BBQ pop-ups in L.A. for one epic bbq showdown.
5. [2 p.m.] The 13th Annual LAWineFest returns for two afternoons of unlimited tastings from various wineries, artisan brands and even breweries on both a local and national level. Hosted June 2 and 3 at The Row in Downtown L.A. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [4 p.m.] The 3rd annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party returns to Windward Avenue for an inclusive celebration of the LGBTQ+ community. Legendary disco queen Thelma Houston will perform at 8 p.m. and the lighting ceremony will take place at 8:30 p.m. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] As part of KPCC Filmweek, the Theatre at Ace Hotel hosts a screening of the seminal film The Graduate followed by a conversation with KPCC’s Larry Mantle and special guests.
8. [7:30 p.m.] On Saturday KCRW kicks off the 9th season of Summer Nights, a free series of all-ages, outdoor shows featuring some of the best bands and KCRW DJs. The series opens off at One Colorado Old Pasadena with Pinky Pinky and KCRW DJ Dan Wilcox. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Celebrate the glories of Los Angeles art when Made in L.A. opens at the Hammer in Westwood. The opening night party will feature live music, photo opps, a bar and showcase of local artists including Christina Quarles, Eamon Ore-Giron, James Benning and many more. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] L.A.-based dance troupe BODYTRAFFIC comes home for a three-night performance at The Wallis starting May 31.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to KROQ presents Nineties by Nature (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.