You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday June 7, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Union Station will host an interactive art installation created by acclaimed painter Alexa Meade from June 7-10. The free exhibit titled “Summer Sessions ’18” will invite visitors to “enter” the painting and create something of their own. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Mike’s Hard Lemonade brings Angelenos yet again another Insta-worthy experience with The Bright Side featuring edible cotton candy trees, a giant ball pit, comedy shows, free swag and more.
3. [6:30 p.m.] Who What Wear brings back Street Style Cinema, their series of free outdoor movie screenings, to The Grove every Thursday evening in June. The kick off event will feature 500 Days of Summer. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Savor taste-sized signature bites from Downtown Long Beach restaurants during Taste of Downtown Long Beach (June 6-7.) Admission is free and samples are ticketed.
5. [7 p.m.] For one night only, the best of Israel’s culinary creators gather at the Skirball Cultural Center for Taste Of Israel, a bottomless gourmet food and wine sampling party.
6. [8 p.m.] Odyssey Theatre is having previews for “Lysistrata Unbound” by Eduardo Machado, and directed by John Farmanesh-Bocca. Previews will be held Wednesday through Friday at 8 p.m. Get free tickets by using promo code WELIKELA when you call or email the box office (email@example.com) FREE
7. [various] LA Design Festival (LADF) returns from June 7-10 with over 50 events taking place all over L.A., the fest, now in its 8th year, is the only citywide festival of its kind showcasing various types of design.
8. [various] It’s officially Negroni Week (June 4-10) enjoy spins on the Negroni from L.A. bars, Negroni specials, Negroni parties and more. The week is dedicated to raising money for a variety of causes through Negroni purchases by the public so drink up!
9. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
10. [all day] Grand Park will host Big L.A. Portrait Gallery from June 7 to July 4, transforming itself into a nighttime art gallery featuring photos by Los Angeles-based artists. Photography will be projected onto the 100 square-foot wall of the historic L.A. County Hall of Records right in front of Grand Park. Art will be on display nightly from sundown to midnight and is free to the public. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: FREE tix to Dew Fest (skating, music, and art) at the Long Beach Convention Center(via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.