You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday June 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Celebrate the glories of Los Angeles art with Made in L.A. at the Hammer in Westwood. On view now till September 2, 2018. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] The Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (ICA LA) presents This Brush for Hire: Norm Laich and Many Other Artists, a survey of world-renowned works fabricated by Laich over the past three decades, with an emphasis on artists based in Los Angeles. FREE
3. [4 & 7:30 p.m.] The Autry will host America’s leading Native American theatre company Native Voices during its 24th Annual Festival of New Plays. Enjoy staged readings of new and in-progress plays by Native writers followed by talkbacks for free from June 6-7. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Savor taste-sized signature bites from Downtown Long Beach restaurants during Taste of Downtown Long Beach (June 6-7.) Admission is free and samples are ticketed.
5. [7:30 p.m.] For over 30 years, Grand Performances has offered a variety of performance events at California Plaza, for free. Their 2018 summer series runs June 1 through August 18. This Wednesday there will be two events; a discussion about the struggles of overcoming homelessness by Angelenos affected at 7:30 p.m. and L.A. Dance Party USA at 9 p.m. with DJs, dance activations an interactive 3-D shadow-dance generator and more. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Idiots Comedy Show is back at The Clubhouse featuring free beer and comedy (donation based) from SNL alum Mike O’Brien and more.
7. [8 p.m.] Odyssey Theatre is having previews for “Lysistrata Unbound” by Eduardo Machado, and directed by John Farmanesh-Bocca. Previews will be held Wednesday through Friday at 8 p.m. Get free tickets by using promo code WELIKELA when you call or email the box office ([email protected]) FREE
8. [various] It’s Rhône Valley Vineyards Restaurant Weeks in L.A. from June 4-18. Participating restaurants include 71 Above, Kali, Nomad, Redbird, Spring and more. Each will highlight Rhône Valley wines by the glass, in flights and in pairings for the two weeks.
9. [various] It’s officially Negroni Week (June 4-10) enjoy spins on the Negroni from L.A. bars, Negroni specials, Negroni parties and more. The week is dedicated to raising money for a variety of causes through Negroni purchases by the public so drink up!
10. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
DEAL OF THE DAY: FREE tix to Dew Fest (skating, music, and art) at the Long Beach Convention Center(via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.