You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday June 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Union Station will host an interactive art installation created by acclaimed painter Alexa Meade from June 7-10. The free exhibit titled “Summer Sessions ’18” will invite visitors to “enter” the painting and create something of their own. FREE
2. [1 p.m.] Are you a Chase bank customer? Got a freebie you might want to know about. Coolhaus is teaming with the Forum and Chase to hand out free ice cream sandwiches to Chase customers on Fridays all summer long, starting with this Friday at Santa Monica Place. Locations will change every Friday, and the offer is ice cream sandwich per cardholder. Get more info here.
3. [5 p.m.] FIGat7th Downtown Festival is back for another festive summer filled with live performances by leading artists in a variety of genres. The series continues with a Lion Babe and opener Dave B. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] Late Night Fridays at the Tar Pits is a free after-hours party at the museum with special 3D experiences, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Downtown Dark Nights Birthday Edition at L.A. Live is a one-night only birthday bash that will feature live bands, DJs, $5 food & drink menus, local artisans, street performers and more. Admission is free. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] ‘Summer of Salsa’ concert series is a monthly free concert series at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes running now till September 7, 2018. This month ten-piece band Latin Sol will bring a blend of salsa and Afro Cuban rhythm to the dance floor. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Odyssey Theatre is having previews for “Lysistrata Unbound” by Eduardo Machado, and directed by John Farmanesh-Bocca. Previews will be held Wednesday through Friday at 8 p.m. Get free tickets by using promo code WELIKELA when you call or email the box office (email@example.com) FREE
8. [various] LA Design Festival (LADF) returns from June 7-10 with over 50 events taking place all over L.A., the fest, now in its 8th year, is the only citywide festival of its kind showcasing various types of design.
9. [various] Negroni Week takes place from June 4-10. Enjoy spins on the Negroni from L.A. bars, Negroni specials, Negroni parties and more. The week is dedicated to raising money for a variety of causes through Negroni purchases.
10. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
DEAL OF THE DAY: FREE tix to Dew Fest (skating, music, and art) at the Long Beach Convention Center(via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.