You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 9, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The Natural History Museum’s First Fridays returns (on the second Friday of June) for the final event of 2017. First Fridays is an after hour series at the museum that features special music performances and themed panel discussions. This week focuses on: “LA History on Your Plate”
2. [5:30 p.m.] Sip wine perched on a iconic L.A. hill that’s also home to an architectural gem, the Barnsdall Art Park during their annual Wine Tasting Nights. Now in its ninth year, the evening will feature tastings of boutique artisanal wines, along with food trucks, amazing food popups and music from KCRW DJ Marion Hodges.
3. [6 p.m.] Check out the opening-day event at Joey Wölffer at Platform LA in Culver City. At this shop-and-sip event guests will enjoy complimentary glasses of rosé from Joey’s Hamptons estate while browsing the designers collection of boho-luxe accessories.
4. [6 p.m.] Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer continues this Friday with a focus on the question “Can our voting rights be salvaged?”
5. [7:30 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery is hosting a cocktail classes in Downtown LA this Friday with a City Series theme highlighting Kingston cocktails.
6. [8 p.m.] 11th annual Calabasas Malibu Food & Wine Fest is two days (June 9 and 10) of wining and dining on some of the best culinary establishments and wineries of Malibu and Calabasasa. Happening at the Commons at Calabasas. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Downtown Los Angeles’ Union Station will conclude their ‘Sci-Fi At Union Station’ movie screening series with Her, Spike Jonze’s 2013 tale about a lonely man who falls in love with an operating system possessing artificial intelligence. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Score amazing designer brands available for as much as 80% off at Gilt City’s Summer Sample Saleon June 9 and 10. Taking place at Siren Studios on Orange, the admission fee also includes complimentary rosé and samples of Dove, Tide + Downy, Luna and Cliff bar samples. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] The Los Angeles Design Festival (LADF) comes to Downtown L.A. June 8 through June 11 for the ultimate celebration of this city’s rich design culture.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7.60 tix for L.A. Dodgers home games (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.