You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Union Station in DTLA is hosting their second annual Summer Train Fest. Fun for all ages, guests can tour vintage train cars, enjoy 360° virtual reality stations, shop local vendors, grab a bite at popular food trucks, dance to live music and much more. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Beautycon Festival returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center July 14-15 for a two-day beauty convention with Kim Kardashian West and many other personalities.
3. [11 a.m.] The 9th Annual Reggae On The Mountain returns to Topanga Canyon’s Topanga Community Center on July 14-15 for two jam-packed, fun-filled days of roots reggae from Toots and The Maytals, Derrick Morgan, The Lions, Pato Banton and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [11 a.m.] FX presents a Snowfall Summer Kickback on July 14-15 to celebrate season 2 of the show through a free immersive arts space, featuring live DJ sets, art installations, interactive experiences inspired by LA in the 80s, food from In-n-Out and Homeboy Industries. FREE
5. [11:45 a.m.] The 38th Annual Lotus Festival from July 14-15 at Echo Park Lake will include live entertainment, arts and crafts, a boat race, an asian food court, dragon boat races and of course and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the blooming flowers on the lake. FREE
6. [noon] The South Bay Greek Festival, at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church taking place July 13-15 in Redondo Beach, will offer Greek food, music and dancing.
7. [6 p.m.] Colorado Street Bridge Party returns to Defenders Park in Pasadena on Saturday for a night of music, dancing, vintage cars, free kids activities, food, wine and treats atop one of the most picturesque bridges in the world.
8. [6 p.m.] Marina Movie Nights returns to Burton Chace Park in Marina del Rey for free Saturday-night screenings of beloved musicals. This weekend it’s La La Land with tap dancing lessons. FREE
9. [6 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights offers free all-ages outdoor music shows over the course of the summer throughout Los Angeles and this weekend they’ll takes over the California African American Museum with KCRW DJs Aaron Byrd and Garth Trinidad. FREE
10. [6 p.m.] Off the 405, free concerts at the Getty will host a performance by FEELS and a DJ set by Boss Harmony in the museum courtyard. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to the Music Center’s Moves After Dark (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.