You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] The Hammer museum will host a live broadcast of the FIFA World Cup this Sunday during the final showdown between Croatia and France. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Beautycon Festival returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center July 14-15 for a two-day beauty convention with Kim Kardashian West and many other personalities.
3. [10 a.m.] #NationalIceCreamDay is July 15, and one of the best ways for Angelenos to celebrate this special day is at the launch of Ice Cream Alley. This new area at Smorgasburg LA will feature vendors like Wanderlust Creamery, Yellow Business – HK Egg Waffle, Churro Boss, Sweet n’ Hollow and more.
4. [11 a.m.] The 9th Annual Reggae On The Mountain returns to Topanga Canyon’s Topanga Community Center on July 14-15 for two jam-packed, fun-filled days of roots reggae from Toots and The Maytals, Derrick Morgan, The Lions, Pato Banton and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [11 a.m.] FX presents a Snowfall Summer Kickback on July 14-15 to celebrate season 2 of the show through a free immersive arts space, featuring live DJ sets, art installations, interactive experiences inspired by LA in the 80s, food from In-n-Out and Homeboy Industries. FREE
6. [11 a.m.] Events and activists company SameSide will host a cannabis infused brunch prepared by Cheftoferin Koreatown this Saturday where guests will fight to legalize cannabis on a federal level while enjoying tasty bites and mocktails.
7. [noon] The 38th Annual Lotus Festival from July 14-15 at Echo Park Lake will include live entertainment, arts and crafts, a boat race, an asian food court, dragon boat races and of course and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the blooming flowers on the lake. FREE
8. [noon] The South Bay Greek Festival, at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church taking place July 13-15 in Redondo Beach, will offer Greek food, music and dancing.
9. [2 p.m.] Sunday Sessions, at Grand Park, is a celebration of Los Angeles House music. Highlighting music and dance culture the event continues with performances by Doc Martin, Tara Brooks, and Anton Tumas. FREE
10. [6:30 p.m.] For three nights in July, August and September, The Wiltern hosts Swingin’ Summer, a series of vintage-style evenings with swing dance lessons, drinks, and dancing to live music. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to the Westside Food and Wine Summer Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.