You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 19, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The El Segundo Art Walk taking place every third Thursday of the summer months, allows the public to get to know 40 artists in 30+ venues in downtown El Segundo. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Downtown Culver City’s “Third Wednesday SummerTini Tasting” invites the public for mini cocktails (virgin available) at participating establishments. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry returns for weekly nights of salsa and Latin fusion music, complimentary dance lessons, museum access, tacos and margaritas. This week Chino Espinoza y Los Dueños Del Son will perform.
4. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights series is comes to the Hammer Museum for three nights of free music this July featuring live music and DJ sets alongside happy hour food trucks and cash bars. The week Kauf, Sam Evian and KCRW DJ Valida will perform. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema continues with a screening of A Quiet Place at CTRL Collective on Thursday. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Enjoy free family-friendly outdoor movies in Malibu thanks to Screen on the Green at Trancas Country Market every Thursday through September 13. This week Akeelah and the Bee will be screened. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Outfest Under the Stars is four nights (July 18-21) of LGBTQ films at Hollywood”s Ford Theatres. The series will screen Bad Reputation, Wild Nights with Emily and more.
8. [9 p.m.] Every first and third Thursday of the month Brennan’s in Marina Del Rey hosts their famous turtle races. Since 1974, this tradition brings these little speedsters out of their sanctuary (located in the bar) for an exciting game that support charities. Race starts at 9 p.m.
9. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (all day), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.), USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Pasadena Museum of California Art (5 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] dineL.A. will have food-lovers and connoisseurs taste, explore and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from restaurants across various L.A. neighborhoods from July 13 through 27 .
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $7.50 tix to CatCon LA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.