You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 2, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Enjoy a weekend filled with pirate adventures and mermaid tales during the Pirate Invasion of Long Beach. Taking place on July 1-2 at the Shoreline Aquatic Park the invasion will feature three pirate ships, hundreds of costumed pirates, sword fights, cannon battles, a Mermaid grotto storytelling and much more. FREE
2. [10:30 a.m.] Yogis On The Move and Aktive Fitness L.A. team up to host a Boot Camp Boxing and Yoga event at Iron Triangle Brewery in DTLA. The class cost $20 and gets you an all inclusive 90 minute class of intense boxing followed by yoga. All attendees will end the class with a beer.
3. [11 a.m.] The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market will take over The Regent Theater in DTLA with an impressive selection of vintage collectors, antiquities dealers, vintage clothing, jewelry makers, music memorabilia, vinyl, local food vendors, food trucks, craftsmen and used musical instruments dealers.
4. [noon] Angel City Brewery presents Merica Fest (July 2-3) a backyard style party featuring red, white & blue beers, rockin’ live music, Merica costume contest and Angel City’s classic board game selection and cornhole!
5. [noon] The 3rd Annual Venice Block Party returns with Phantogram, Grizfolk, isle & fever and more. Come dance, eat and frolic in the kiddie pools. Proceeds go to Peace4Kids.
6. [4:30 p.m.] The Culver City Centennial Westside Food & Wine Festival returns to the Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside in Culver City for a day of tastings from Culver City, Mar Vista, Venice, and West Los Angeles restaurants, along with wines and spirits.
7. [5:30 p.m.] Street Food Cinema will screen Fight Club at Los Angeles State Historic Park.
8. [6 p.m.] Legally Blond: The Musical at the Cupcake Theater. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [6:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this Sunday with Jessica Fichot. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Join Clifton’s for a full scale U.S.O. star studded bash with performances by some of the most iconic stars from the 40’s who’ve entertained the troops including the Andrew Sisters, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe and more. Celebrate in style by dressing up in 40s fashion too! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $32 to see New Order at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.