You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Head to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival July 27-29 to enjoy world class crawfish, New Orleans-style food, music, dance lessons, and more by the shore. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights offers free all-ages outdoor music shows over the course of the summer throughout Los Angeles and this Friday they’ll takes over Union Station with KCRW DJs Travis Holcombe and Jason Bentley. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] WP24 by Wolfgang Puck’s Summer Supper + Show returns every Friday and Saturday, July through August, with a Asian-inspired dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck followed by a movie screening on the private 26th floor hotel rooftop. This weekend they’ll screen 50 First Dates. Movie starts around 8 p.m.
5. [6 p.m.] Uncorked: LA 90+ Wine Festival comes to Barker Hangar in Santa Monica featuring a curated selection of over 100 wines rated 90 points and higher from all over the world. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7 p.m.] Movie Night at The Wiltern will screen Up in Smoke and celebrate the 40th anniversary with a Summer Smokeout of 420-friendly vendors and photo ops. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] East LA Meets Napa celebrates Latin cuisine and California’s Latino-owned vineyards while raising funds for community health center AltaMed. This years event features 80 participating restaurants and wineries serving guests outdoors at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Artist Ben Allanoff’s Perch art installation made up of woven reeds is taking up residence at Peter Strauss Ranch in Agoura Hills from July 27 until September 8. To celebrate there will be a special moonlit evening of reading and writing renku a form of Japanese poetry dating back to the 1300s. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] See an all-star cast in a special production of Annie at the Hollywood Bowl July 27-29. On the bill is Ana Gasteyer, David Alan Grier, Megan Hilty, Lea Salonga, Steven Weber and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [11:30 p.m.] Sleepless: The Music Center After Hours is back with a special edition highlighting the connection between science and art with a program that includes pop-up dance performances, sci-fi performance art, a gastronomy lab, and much more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.