You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 30, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Politicon 2017 at the Pasadena Convention Center (July 29-30) will feature panels, debates, screenings, comedy shows and a place where passionate citizens can openly discuss the current political climate. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [11 a.m.] Midsummer Scream Halloween Festival at Long Beach Convention Center (July 29-30) offers walk-through haunted attractions, theatrical performances, makeup demos and workshops, a huge themed marketplace and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [11 a.m.] Love Long Beach 2017 returns for its 4th annual two-day festival on July 29-30 with a weekend of musical magic, DJs, arts and crafts, food court, vendors, a Healing Arts Village (with yoga, sound bath healing, flow and speakers) and more at Shoreline Aquatic Park.
4. [11 a.m.] Looking Forward, Looking Back at the California African American Museum. FREE
5. [noon] Angeleno magazine’s Live & Dine LA event returns to the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica featuring culinary demos from award-winning chefs, refreshing artisanal cocktails and delicious wines. Participating restaurants include The Bazaar by José Andrés, Baltaire, The Butcher’s Daughter, Del Frisco’s Grille, The District by Hannah An, Eataly, Mama Lion, Manuela, The Polo Lounge, Salazar, Sawyer and dozens more.
6. [noon] Long Beach Crawfish Festival returns to Rainbow Lagoon Park from July 28-30, with dancing to live music, the Second Line Parade, dance lessons, karaoke, fresh crawfish, Cajun food, chicory coffee, beignets and adult beverages. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. The Two Gentlemen of Verona will be performed July 29-30, and then every Wednesday through Sunday from August 2 – September 3.
8. [7 p.m.] Welcome To Your Alternative Reality at the Atwater Village Theater. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] Portugal. The Man the Hollywood Palladium.
10. [9 p.m.] HEY BUDDY Comedy Show at the Echo. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to see DJ Quik & Scarface at Novo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.