You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, July 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Check out LACMA’s latest exhibition, 3D: Double Vision an interactive exhibit that explores the art and illusion of 3D.
2. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Wizards & Witches – A Themed Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
3. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare on the Bluff brings Shakespeare’s greatest plays to Loyola Marymount University for free shows in June and July. The series concludes with Othello on Monday. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week’s focus: Afro-Cuban Dance. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] NPR podcast It’s Been a Minute with Sam Sanders will be live at the Line Hotel in Koreatown this Monday. The live event will host a conversation with actor John Cho and director Aneesh Chaganty about their new movie, Searching.
6. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens Romeo & Juliet at NeueHouse in Hollywood
7. [8:30 p.m.] If You Build It LA: A Stand-Up Comedy Show at UCB Sunset.
8. [10 p.m.] Mars close approach free public viewing event at Griffith Observatory. FREE
9. [various] 2018 Vans US Open of Surfing in Huntington Beach
10. [various] The Summer Playwrights Festival will show 30 plays in eight days from July 29 through Sunday August 5 at the Road on Lankershim in the Historic Lankershim Arts Center in North Hollywood.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.