You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Boomtown Brewery in collaboration with Chef Alan Matheus hosts a weekly all-you-can-eat Taco Tuesday, where $15 gets you unlimited tacos for two hours plus a beer, and $2 off select beers after that.
2. [6 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with several screenings this week that include Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ready Player One, Dumb & Dumber and more.
3. [7 p.m.] Come listen to great live jazz when Subaru Summer Jazz Nights returns to Hollywood and Highland for five Tuesday evenings. Sammy Miller & the Congregation will perform this Tuesday.
4. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the fifth year in a row. From June 5 through August 28 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne .Grease will be screened this week.
5. [7:30 p.m.] See Hershey Felder as Beethoven at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. The one-man shows will depict the iconic composer’s story through music and monologue. Hershey Felder: Beethoven will run from July 26 to August 19. Hershey Felder: Beethoven will run from July 26 to August 19. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Breakin’.
7. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tu1esday with a screening of Jaws at Granada Beach. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Check out some untraditional dance moves when the Music Center’s Moves After Dark returns July 31 and August 1 with performances in unconventional spots throughout Walt Disney Concert Hall. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] 2018 Vans US Open of Surfing in Huntington Beach
10. [various] The Summer Playwrights Festival will show 30 plays in eight days from July 29 through Sunday August 5 at the Road on Lankershim in the Historic Lankershim Arts Center in North Hollywood.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.