You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Begin Independence Day early (9:30 a.m.) at the 13th Annual Santa Monica 4th of July Parade. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Councilman Curren Price Hosts a Fourth of July celebration in Expo Park featuring live musical entertainment, family-friendly activities, foods and a 20 minute fireworks show. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Celebrate July 4 at the 5th Annual Barn Dance for a family hoe-down! Activities include live folk and country music, a barn dance, pie-eating contest, silent auction, cake walk, horseshoes, family games, and more.
4. [2 p.m.] Americafest, now in its 93rd year, is still going strong dazzling everyone with spectacular fireworks and special performances. This year includes performances by TNT Freestyle Motocross, Nathional Anthem performed by Maximo Marcuso and the PCDA NoteAbles Choir, an Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show Preview, SoCal VoCals, Disney’s DCappella Live Lion King performance followed by the biggest fireworks show in Southern California.
5. [3 p.m.] Go to Grand Park for a festive afternoon and evening during the annual 4th of July Block Party. Enjoy live music, dancing, food vendors, and a dazzling fireworks show above Downtown Los Angeles. FREE
6. [3 p.m.] Spend Independence Day aboard the Queen Mary. There will be a day full of live entertainment, family-friendly activities, delicious food, a carnival, crafts and more. The festivities lead up to one of Southern California’s best firework shows synced to patriotic music. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [4 p.m.] Palisades Rocks the Fourth is a fun-filled day featuring food trucks, family-friendly activities and a festival stage concert program. The fireworks show will take place at 9 p.m.
8. [6 p.m.] Councilman Bob Blumenfield’s July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza, hosted by Valley Cultural Center, returns to Warner Ranch Park in Woodland Hills with a breathtaking fireworks display, delicious munchies from 20+ local restaurants, arts and crafts from local vendors and businesses, and a free concert. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Groove to the sounds of Nile Rodgers & CHIC as they take the stage with the LA Phil for a three night Disco Throwdown as dazzling fireworks set the skies above aglow at the Hollywood Bowl’s annual July 4th Fireworks Spectacular happening July 2-4. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [9 p.m.] Reputedly the best fireworks show on the Westside, July 4th at the Marina offers prime views of the dazzling show synchronized to music. FREE
EVEN MORE: Looking or a fireworks show near you in L.A. County? Check out this list compiled by LAist.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Americafest at the Rose Bowl (via Goldstar)